Sunday 31 December 2023

Second go at Dragon Garage

I faced some difficulty working out the style for Dragon Garage, and there were many false starts. It became so frustrating I did another entire graphic novel in the meantime. 

With this version I tried for a light, squiggly line combined with a tone. Something different from what I've done before. 

Unfortunately, it didn't have the energy I was looking for. 

Back to the drawing board, as they say...

dragon garage page 1 go 1
I like the first page, Zach looks worried, but the angle could be more dramatic

dragon garage page 2 go 1
The framing is a little lacklustre here, a little straightforward. And the angles aren't extreme enough.

Dragon garage page 3 go 1
I like the dust in the top panel, it sets up the surprise for the villains in the third panel nicely.

dragon garage page 4 go 1
Should have shown Zach getting out of the vehicle here, for context. Also, I'm not very consistent with his appearance. Ugh.


No comments:

Post a Comment